- Civic Engagement through Service Learning: Assessing Present Efforts and Encouraging Future Success, by Rebecca E. Deen
- The Relationships Between Service-Learning, Social Justice, Multicultural Competence, and Civic Engagement, by Aaron Einfeld and Denise Collins
- Educating Students for Personal and Social Responsibility: The Civic Learning Spiral, by Caryn McTighe Musil
- Taking the Class to the Community with Service-Learning: Gerontological Macro Social Work Practice, by Judy L. Singleton, PhD, MSW
- Finding Community: Developing and Maintaning Effective Intergenerational Service Learning Partnerships, by Rena J. Karasik and Minetta S. Wallignford
- Student and Community Perceptions of the "Value Added" for Service-Learners, by Lori Simmons and Beverly Cleary
Community Based Research
Designing Service Learning Courses
- From the Classroom to the Community-Designing a Service-Learning Course in Political Science, by Deanna L. Hensley Kasitz.
- Course Transitions, Midsemester Assessment, and Program Design Characteristics: A Case Study, by Leigh Z. GilChrist, Meaghen E. Mundy, Peter Felten, and Sharon L. Shields.
- Service-Learning Course Design Workbook. Michigan Journal of Community Service-Learning. Summer 2001.
Diversity and Cultural Sensitivity
- Intergenerational Service Learning: An Innovative Teaching Strategy to Infuse Gerontology Content into Foundation Courses, by Harriet L. Cohen, Bonnie Hathcett, and Darlene Eastridge.
- Faculty Tool Kit for Service-Learning in Higher Education, by Sarena D. Seifer and Kara Connors
- Campus Compact Faculty Resource page. This page will link you to sample syllabi by discipline (e.g., Art, Biology) and other resources.
- Learn and Serve America's historical timeline of Service Learning.
- Service Learning Student Manual, from Monroe Community College
- Education Life: Does Service Learning Really Help?, from The New York Times
- The Impact of In-Class Service-Learning on Cognitive and Affective Learning Outcomes, by Shannon Jenkins
- Faculty-Student Service Learning, Research Teams and Political Science Concepts: The Case of a Historic Green-Building Project on a College Campus, by Angela C. Halfacre, Katharine A.Owens, Katherine S. Zimmerman, and Zachary H. Hart
- Employing Service-Learning to Teach Research Methods to Gerontology Students, by Eleanor Krassen Covan.
- A Compilation of General Information on Documenting Service and Service Learning in Higher Education, from California Campus Compact
- Beyond the Classroom: Experiential Learning: Managing Risks, Maximizing Rewards, from the Gallagher Higher Education Practice Group
- Adventure-Based Service Learning: University Students' Self-Reflection Accounts of Service with Children, by Reyes L. Quezada and Richard W. Christopherson
- "Can I Major in Service Learning?" An Empirical Analysis of Certificates, Minors and Majors, by Dan W. Butin
- Creating a Climate for Service Learning Success, by Carol Jeandron and Gail Robinson
- Innovative Practices in Service Learning and Curricular Engagement, by Robert G. Bringle and Julie A. Hatcher
- Why Clinical Programs Should Embrace Civic Engagment, Service Learning and Community Based Research, by Linda F. Smith
- Reclaiming the Democratic Purposes of American Higher Education: Tracing the Trajectory of the Civic Engagement Movement, by Mathew Hartley
- Defining Service-Learning, by Patti H. Clayton
- Service Learning: a Collaboration Success Story, by Chad E. Garland
Reflection in Service-Learning
- Reflection in Higher Education Service Learning, by K. Connors and S.D. Seifer
- Participator and Appreciative Action and Reflection (PAAR): Democratizing Reflective Practises, by Tony Ghaye, Anita Melander-Wilkman, Mosi Kisare, Phiip Chambers, Ulrika Bergmark, Catrine Kostenius, and Sue Lillyman
- What is Critical Reflection? by Patti H. Clayton
- 10 Tips for Designing Critical Reflection, by Patti H. Clayton
- Schematic Overview of the DEAL Model for Critical Reflection, by Ash, Clayton, and Moses
- EXAMPLE Reflection Mechanism per DEAL: Reflection Session Framework, by Ash, Clayton, and Moses
- Example Reflection Mechanism per DEAL: In-Class Activity to Introduce Meanings of Service, by Clayton, P. H. and Moses, M.G.
- Service Learning Programs: CAS Standards and Guidelines
- LEAP High Impact Educational Practices 2008
- Campus Compact Annual Survey Executive Summary 2009
Service-Learning Program Models by Academic Discipline from Campus Compact
- Program Models Service Learning In The Arts, Theater And Architecture
- Program Models Service Learning In Business
- Program Models Service Learning In Communications
- Program Models Service Learning In Education Departments
- Program Models Service Learning In Foreign Languages
- Program Models Service Learning In Health Fields
- Program Models Service Learning In Humanities
- Program Models Service Learning In International Projects
- Program Models Service Learning In Political Science
- Program Models Service-Learning In Science, Math, Technology, And/Or Engineering
- Program Models Service-Learning In Social Sciences
Social Work and Aging
- Service Learning in Elder Care: Ten Years of Growth and Assessment, by Carol R. Hegeman, Beverly Horowitz, Lynn Tepper, Karl Pillener, and Leslie Shultz
- Meeting Intergenerational Needs Through Service Learning, by Deborah Natvig
- Using the Internet to Facilitate Positive Attitudes of College Students Toward Aging and Working with Older Adults, by Frieda R. Butler and Heibatollah Baghi
- Effects of Intergenerational Interaction on Aging, by Carmen Reguena Hernandez and Marta Zubiaur Gonzalez
- Service-Learning Projects in an Undergraduate Gerontolgy Course: A Six-Stage Model and Application, by Jaime L.K. Anstee, Susan G. Harris, Keri D. Pruitt, and Judith A.Sugar