MLK Day of Service with Shiloh Community Garden
Sat Jan 23rd, 10am-12pm
Interested in volunteering on your own time? Check out United Way’s Hands On volunteer database for more opportunities in Asheville and beyond!
UNCA Campus Blood Drive, Be a Part of UNCA’s Life Saving Legacy!
- Thurs Jan 28th, 10:30-4pm
- Fri Jan 29th, 10:30-4pm
- Register to Donate HERE
Safety protocols that will be followed for blood drives (including but not limited to)…
- Screening & Personal protection:
- Everyone (staff, donors, volunteers) participating will be masked
- Everyone will have their temperature taken
- Hand sanitizer will be available at every stage of process
- Gloves will be available to donors
- *Staff are required to wear gloves and change them often
- Social Distancing: Blood Drive will follow social distancing and room capacity guidelines.
- All individuals will be 6 feet+ apart. The blood drive goal has been lowered and spread the drive out over 2 days to make this possible.
- Donors will be processed on an appointment only basis
- There would be no waiting area, instead donors will be texted when there is a bed ready for them
- Canteen/recovery area will be in a separate room with pre-selected/pre-packaged drinks and snacks (so donors are only touching what they eat)
- All surfaces will be completely disinfected before and after each donor (including pens, laptops, laminated information packets, beds/chairs, etc)